ISO 45001 Implementation
Curriculum: Health & Safety||
Sub-Category: ISO 45001
ISO 45001 Implementation training course
2 day course
What is it?
ISO 45001 is the world’s first ISO management system standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). Its focus on risk prevention, innovation and continual improvement will benefit organizations with the foresight to achieve this global standard through increased organizational resilience. Suitable for organizations large or small and in any industry, it is intended to replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001.
This course is suitable for those who already have a good knowledge of ISO 45001 and the key principles of an OH&S management system and who are involved in the planning, implementing, or supervising of an ISO 45001 management system. Using a step-by-step approach you will learn how to develop an implementation plan, create necessary documentation, and monitor your OH&S management system. It will also help you to recognize a typical framework for implementing the standard using the “Plan Do Check Act” (PDCA) cycle.
This two-day course uses our high impact accelerated learning approach and is packed with practical activities, group discussion, and classroom learning. Our expert tutors will make sure you complete the course feeling confident that you can apply your new knowledge as soon as you step back inside your organization.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 45001 OH&S MS.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 45001, and the key principles of an OH&S MS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 45001 Requirements course
What will I learn?
The course covers the following specific learning objectives:
• Recognize a typical framework for implementing ISO 45001 following the PDCA cycle
• Interpret key concepts and requirements of ISO 45001 from an implementation perspective
• Identify the benefits specific to an organization in relation to implementing an effective OH&S MS
• Conduct a baseline review of an organization's current position with regard to ISO 45001
• Implement key concepts of ISO 45001
• Implement key requirements of ISO 45001
• Introductions, overview of learning objectives and course structure
• Implementation process and integration
• Documented information
• Understanding the context of your organization
• Baseline gap analysis and Task/ Gantt chart
• Leadership and worker participation
• Processes needed to address risks and opportunities
• Hazard identification
• Identification and assessment of OH&S/other risks and opportunities
• Determine legal and other requirements
• Planning to take action
• OH&S policy and OH&S objectives
• Draft your OH&S policy and an OH&S objective
• Support activities
• Operational activities
• Performance evaluation
• Monitoring, measurement, analysis and performance evaluation
• Evaluation of compliance
• Internal audit and management review
• Incident, nonconformity and corrective action
• Continual improvement
• Implementation feedback to management
• Questions and close of course
Make sure this is the right course for you.
This is the course for you if:
• You already have a thorough knowledge Occupational Health and Safety Management
• You are leading implementation of ISO 45001
• You are part of a team involved in planning the implementation of ISO 45001
• You need to conduct a gap assessment of your current system
• How will I benefit?
• Have the confidence you can satisfy the requirements of ISO 45001
• Be able to make sure ISO 45001 adds value to your organization
• Develop professionally
• Network with likeminded peers
• Receive a BSI certificate
Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll receive an internationally recognized BSI certificate.