Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health
Curriculum: Health & Safety||
Sub-Category: First Aid
Level 2 - First Aid for Mental Health
Duration: 1 day
Each year approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition, and at least 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace. This 1-day course is aimed at providing learners with the knowledge to identify suspected mental health conditions and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost the person towards professional help.
It also expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan, and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within the workplace
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Identifying mental health conditions, e.g.
• Eating Disorders
• Providing advice and starting a conversation
• Drugs and alcohol
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan
• Provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation, be able to signpost a person towards professional help and support that person whilst they are receiving professional assistance.
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
• Designed to help employers to provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should a condition be suspected
• This qualification is assessed with practical/verbal questioning and a short written assessment paper.
• A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
• There is no expiry of the qualification, but annual refresher training is recommended.
• All delegates will receive a First Aid manual as part of their training.
This is an Ofqual regulated course.